Live in Hong Kong - Permanent Resident

Hong Kong is one of the world’s top immigration destinations for highly skilled professionals wishing to start a new life in another country. As one of the world’s leading international business centre, the government of Hong Kong is actively encouraging the immigration of skilled migrants to remain its economic competitiveness.
Deciding to immigrate to Hong Kong is a significant step in the lives of those who pursue this dream. The Hong Kong immigration visa section of our website has been created to help those seeking to live and work in Hong Kong.

You may be interested


Yes. In order to work legally in Hong Kong, you require a visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in Hong Kong. Holder of visit visa is not allowed by law to take up employment (paid or unpaid), to establish or join in any business, or to enter school as a student. Any person who works in Hong Kong without a valid visa or work permit shall be liable to a maximum fine of HK$50,000 and 2 years imprisonment under the Immigration Ordinance (Chapter 115), Laws of Hong Kong.
The document require for visa application varies from case to case and is subjected to the visa types of your application.

We offer a free online assessment to advise you the best visa options based on your profile. During your application, we will also prepare a tailored made checklist of all of the forms and supporting documentation required on your case to help you ease the complexity of application.
The application of an employment visa takes about 4-8 weeks after your submission of application. An entrepreneur visa application will generally takes around 3 to 6 months for government assessment.
Although Hong Kong is part of the People’s Republic of China it remains a Special Administrative Region (SAR) with its own immigration policy. While Mainland China always requires a visa for entry, Hong Kong is a separate travel area with business-friendly immigration policies. Visitors from over 170 countries are allowed to visit Hong Kong without a visa/entry permit for a period ranging from 7 days to 180 days. E.g. nationals of the US, Europe, Australia and New Zealand don’t require a visa to enter Hong Kong for stays of 90 days, 180 days for UK nationals. Check on the below lists for the visa required countries.
Have more questions about Visa Application ?

Talk to our consultant now?